We are excited to announce a Strategic Institutional Partnership (SIP) between Ghent University and University of California, Berkeley!
Ghent University's SIPs aim to meet a specific set of criteria, as a part of the integrated policy plan for internationalisation:
- Multidimensional character, not bound to a single faculty or thematic focus
- Top-down and bottom-up balance
- Sustainable cooperation across various projects and initiatives
- Added value aimed at strengthening the individual position of the partners
- Mutual recognition and investment
In October 2019 a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between UC Berkeley and Ghent University. Both institutions have endorsed the development of programmes and activities that advance scholarship through cooperative understanding. The MOU is expected to remain in effect for the five years to come.